Owl Shook Up

Pages

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Something Fishyyyy...

We had a field trip planned to our local fish hatchery for Oct. 10th but due to our government shutting down we had to reschedule and were able to go on Oct. 24th. The Salmon were still running but nothing like it has been in years past. We spent the week before learning about the life cycle of a Salmon. There are not many things out there. But, I did find this great packet from Journey of a Substitute Teacher. Click on the pic for the TpT link.

We were able to get a Salmon for our firsties to study and explore before our trip. Don't worry they were not alive ;)



 I did not know that Salmon have teeth on their tongues. Did you??

My kiddos had a blast. I think they may have taught the tour guide a thing or two about Salmon ;)

On a personal note....
I started a 30 day Squat Challenge on Monday. We started out with 30 squats, 30 pushups, 30 lunges, and 30 second plank. By the end of the month we will be up to 100 of each. BOY am I feeling it! I am not sure how I will be able to do 100 pushups by the end of the month but I will certainly try.

Tomorrow is Halloween and our district was sooooo smart this year. We have a teacher inservice day on Friday. NO KIDS the day after Halloween!!!!! I will be back this weekend to share some pics of Red Ribbon Week and The Candy Corn Bandit!



0 comments:

Post a Comment